Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

strange duplicate files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 reaching

reaching

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:51 PM

I ran C cleaner to show duplicate files on my computer and I found a double listing for a few files. More than a few files have vista in the file path but this computer is running Windows 7.

One of the duplicate files is called
BlackSkinImage. Has anyone ever heard of this? I looked on google and found nothing.

They are found in the following locations:

C:\Setup\Drivers\Audio\HD
C:\SWSetup\Drivers\Audio\Vista64

When I highlight a file and click open file folder, it shows the name of the file as: blackskinimages 64.dll and it's an application extension.

Keep in mind, I am running windows 7.

So, Why are there Vista files(I've only listed one but there are more)?

Why are there 2 set up folders?

Background: I did have a windows vista laptop that was compromised. I used a flashdrive on that computer to move some files. I later found a command prompt to show hidden files on flashdrive. There were some files named "settings" that I did not put on there. I deleted them and have since used the flashdrive on the current lap top. Could this be the problem?

I did at one point change the hard drive(on the windows 7 machine) and reloaded windows but the computer did weird things while loading. Could it be a bios virus?

The computer seems to be running fine but I worry there may be keyloggers or if someone can see what I'm doing, etc.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 12 June 2015 - 06:29 PM

Hello,

Description: Realtek HD Audio Manager Resource

File size: 3.04 Mb
File date: 17.05.2011 13:10
File version: 1.0.0.111
Internal name: BlackSkinImages.dll
Original file name: BlackSkinImages.dll
Product name: Realtek HD Audio Manager Resource
Product version: 1.0.0.111
Company name: Realtek Semiconductor

I don't think that you have to panic. Those are Realtek HD Audio. And Vista name is maybe because those drivers work on Win 7 even if they are written for Vista, or you have copied them sometimes, somehow. 

If you have something to add, to help further explanation, write here.

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

#3 reaching

reaching
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:57 PM

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic