Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cancelled my Windows 10 reservation

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MalwareMutilator

MalwareMutilator

• Members
  • 931 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:53 PM

Hi everybody,

Well, I just cancelled my Windows 10 reservation.   After running the update tool it pretty much said ALL of my bluetooth drivers, my network drivers, and my Wi-Fi drivers are not compatible.  One year old computer using an Asus Z-87 Deluxe motherboard and I7 processor.  I imagine Asus will eventually have drivers, but I think I wait a bit.  I don't want to have to deal with this yet.  Call me a wimp! :) 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,827 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:07 PM

Hi everybody,

Well, I just cancelled my Windows 10 reservation.   After running the update tool it pretty much said ALL of my bluetooth drivers, my network drivers, and my Wi-Fi drivers are not compatible.  One year old computer using an Asus Z-87 Deluxe motherboard and I7 processor.  I imagine Asus will eventually have drivers, but I think I wait a bit.  I don't want to have to deal with this yet.  Call me a wimp! :) 

And so it begins. I can see  more of this considering the amount of different hardware out there. Maybe not a lot but there were people who had a hard enough time upgrading from 8 to 8.1. Take your time, you have a year to decide and for drivers to be written. I just wonder if  some companies will not bother to write Windows 10 drivers for some of the hardware in order to get people to buy new.

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:17 PM

I have a 10 year old printer and scanner and they connected to Windows 10 in an instant and started working fine. A 3 year old BlueTooth speaker also connected right away and statrted working out-of-the-box.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 ring 0

ring 0

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

Not compatible means there aren't device drivers from W10 for the specific device yet, which is just Microsoft's way of saying - we're not guaranteeing this device will work on Windows 10 with its prior tested drivers (whether that's 8.1/8/7), so we're not promising anything.

For what it's worth, your devices probably work just fine.

#5 dante12

dante12

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:25 AM

There is a part of Get Windows 10 app to check whether the Upgrade is compatible with your Hardware. Click on the options on the top left, there is an option  called "Check Your PC".

#6 calden

calden

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:08 AM

Have ASUS motherboard with i7 Plus various Bluetooth connections including keyboard mouse combo, speakers and a Logitech touchpad.

Have downloaded and used all W10 previews since Oct 1st last year, and have experienced none of your problems.

#7 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:19 AM

You might also find that the status will change. When I first checked last week, they said my keyboard and mouse drivers might not be compatible. When I checked yesterday, that has been resolved. No conflicts.

#8 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:06 AM

Hi everybody,

Mine said the same thing but after I restarted it now says I am right to go

Edited by JohnWJ, 09 June 2015 - 09:08 AM.

John

An Australian Living in the USA

#9 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:13 PM

Hi everybody,

Mine said the Intel bluetooth wouldn't work then it went away and it also said Norton 360 wouldn't work but I got an email from symantec today. If you reserve you still can download anytime you want and if you don't reserve you can download anytime you want.

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

#10 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:33 PM

It's been typical in the past, that newer machines will have more conflicts versus older machines.  I just bought a used Dell Latitude D630 (core 2 duo) because I read two years ago from users in Amazon, that their Win8 updates went well without a hitch.  By contrast, Dell's Win8 update instructions for my newer Dell Latitude 6530s (3rd gen i5) said I needed to do stuff in BIOS before I should update.  Those machines are barely two years old.

So maybe the solution is to update an older machine, see if you like Win10 first.

Edited by brainout, 28 June 2015 - 04:34 PM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:40 PM

This happened with Vista (and to a lesser degree with the following versions of Windows)

Microsoft makes a limited number of generic drivers in order to support most hardware.

But the choice to support Win10 for a given piece of hardware remains in the hands of the hardware manufacturer (and their driver developers).

It costs a lot to develop a stable driver that not only works with Win10 - but with the gazillion other hardware products/combinations that they have to deal with.

When Vista came out people complained about driver availability - but it just wasn't profitable for the driver companies to make drivers for all the hardware out there.

You'll find that Win10 will likely work better with older hardware/drivers than previous versions - simply because of the added work they've put into backwards compatibility and hardware compatibility.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 28 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

usasma, yes, that makes perfect sense.  MSFT can't test everything, so it goes with what it has.  I get that.  Just wish they would be more forthcoming, prior to installation.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users