Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uneven laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adam.greyfield

adam.greyfield

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

I don't know where exactly this post should go, considering it is more on the build of the laptop, so I'm just posting it here for now. 

I recently bought a HP spectre x360, and have been bringing it to school in my backpack for the past week or so. I've started noticing that the hinges are getting more and more uneven, and because of the 2-hinged build of the laptop, the screen slightly pushed back from the keyboard section on the left side. This really shows when you push the screen 180 degrees back, as shown in the picture i attached.

Is there a fix for this issue or is this permanent? 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:17 PM

Seems to be a common issue. See this HP thread. Contact HP Customer support and reference the thread I linked to.

#3 adam.greyfield

adam.greyfield
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:26 PM

Thanks, but my issue isn't concerning the loose rotation of the hinge, it's the fact that the hinges are uneven. If you look closely to the picture, the left and right sides are not the same.

Edited by adam.greyfield, 07 June 2015 - 03:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users