Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Elevated Command

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rayal49

Rayal49

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:44 PM

Hi,

I have copied and pasted a command script text from Microsoft(attached file) into notepad. I have save this Notepad file in both Desktop and My Documents.

The text instructs me to run in an elevated command, I find elevated command prompt ok ,but despite several attempts cannot get script to run from either Desktop or My Documents.

Can  anyone tell me how to run this script.

The attached file is in Wordpad  for illustrative purposes only.

Thank you

Rayal49  

Attached Files

Rayal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:08 PM

Please post the wordpad text in your topic.  I will not download anything to my computer unless I know exactly what it contains.

I want to go over how I access the Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 7 so I know we are on the same page.

Click on the start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png, then type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

cmd will appear above the search box, right click on it and select Run as administrator.

You should see an image similar to the one below.

command%20prompt%20w8_zpsxjmewau9.png

Type in the command, then press Enter.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users