Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My monitor wont come on after i turn it off.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 diggiedo

diggiedo

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:07 PM

I,m running windows 7 64 bit home on a hp pavillion p2-1122. im using a 32 inch led tv for my monitor after putting it to sleep i move my mouse an computer comes back on but my tv/ monitor wont i haft to keep unplugging it an then it will come back on its a pain an also my display setting keep changing so i right click on desktop an hit screen resolution an then hit detect an it goes back to normal size. so i dont know what to do at this point. any help would be great ty.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:36 PM

In short, there aren't drivers for your TV, so setting things won't work very well.

The generic Windows drivers work fairly well on TV's (I use a 32" TV as a monitor also).

BTW - you're lucky, mine won't come out of sleep if I move the mouse!

I would first try saving the video settings and refreshing the screen (by pressing F5) after you have saved the settings.
I'd also check in the manual for your TV to see what settings are available.

Finally, if that doesn't work, then I'd post over in the Audio and Video forums for more expert assistance:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/65/audio-and-video/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users