I am finally getting around to fixing a problem that has been going on for a while. After downloading and removing some unfortunate malware/virus a few major issues started to occur on my Windows 8.1 machine with 8GB ram and an i-5 processer and integrated graphics.
1. All browser open very very slow. It takes a good 45 seconds for a new tab to open up, another minute to make it to any website (even www.google.com). Once they are open I can switch between tabs at a mostly normal pace
2. In the tile screen typing any search is slow. Not anywhere near as bad as the browsers, but it still should be quicker.
3. Google chrome doesn't allow me to install adblock through the app store. It says network failed.
4. I can't flush the dns on the computer. This is a new one for me. I tried fixing it this morning by making sure the DNS service was running and by checking the host files, but nothing worked. I still get “Could not flush the DNS Resolver Cache: Function failed during execution"
What have I tried so far?
3. Windows defender
4. Checking startup processes and running processes to check for obvious issues.
5. I have a hijackthis log, but haven't posted it yet.
6. Uninstalling the internet browser programs as completely as I can.
This computer should be waaaaaaaay faster than it's running. I have periodically sat down and tried to figure it out over the last couple of months and I am stuck.
Since this did start with Malware I also posted a hijackthis log (definitely still some things in it) here
Edited by outtawack311, 07 June 2015 - 10:56 AM.