Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU relation x ram

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Clade

Clade

• Members
  • 183 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:05 AM

Hello everyone!

The language used is not English, so I request patience.

What is the best relationship between the processor capacity and the ram available?

Correct if I'm wrong, but I imagine that there are cases where only the increased ram will not have direct relation in proportion to the increase in ram memory. Yes or no?

Thanks for your attention!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:52 AM

There isn't a real relationship between RAM and CPU.

Increasing RAM above the amount you actually use would not result in an increase in performance.

For a Windows 7/8 machine 4GB of RAM will function okay for low end use.  For normal use I recommend 8GB of RAM.  For more intense applications the amount of RAM will depend on the application being used.  Very few people need more than 16GB of RAM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

This article will go into depth to explain the relationship between the CPU, RAM, and the HDD/SSD. 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Clade

Clade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 183 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:18 PM

Thanks  Kilroy and DC3.

DC3, Excellent material.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users