Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1st Build. Puter Boots, Leds On, No Video Or Beeps.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pleasehelp!

pleasehelp!

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:20 AM

Hardware:

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS SB0350 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card

SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP - OEM

ASUS P5WD2 Premium Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 955X ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

BFG Tech BFGR78256GTOC Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

LACIE 16X DVD±R DVD Burner w/ LightScribe Technology Black IDE Model 300980 - Retail

COOLER MASTER RS-550-ACLY-SLI ATX12V/ EPS12V 550W Power Supply - Retail

Intel Pentium 4 661 Cedar Mill 800MHz FSB LGA 775 EM64T Processor Model BX80552661 - Retail

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 675 (PC2 5400) Unbuffered System Memory Model TWIN2X2048-5400c4 - Retail

Western Digital Caviar RE WD2500YD 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Problem:

I've done my best to ensure everything is intalled correctly, and secure. I had a few questions along the way, which I asked and was answered by a friend who has assembled computers before.

When I power up, the PSU starts, PSU fan runs, case fan runs, CPU fan runs, don't know if the video card fan runs i cant see it very well, LED on motherboard is lit, and power LED on front of case is lit. Everything sounds like it is running OK, but nothing shows up on screen and no BIOS beeps are heard like the motherboard manual promised.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:13 AM

Hi pleasehelp!, Welcome to BC.
You've got a memory issue(bad or incompatible). No beeps, no display points right at it.
Double check your manual but if memory serves correctly, I'm pretty sure that board only supports DDR2 800\667\533 modules. Just worked on one a few weeks back.

#3 pleasehelp!

pleasehelp!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:31 PM

Hi pleasehelp!, Welcome to BC.
You've got a memory issue(bad or incompatible). No beeps, no display points right at it.
Double check your manual but if memory serves correctly, I'm pretty sure that board only supports DDR2 800\667\533 modules. Just worked on one a few weeks back.

Actually I just got the whole system working. What happened was that I forgot to connect a third power connector to the motherboard *doh*. Now I have a different question.

I bought this CPU becauase it is notoriously cold and people boast under 20C under load. Well mine runs 45-55C on idle, unless my motherboard monitor program is wrong.

I dont know what could be causing this. I'm using the heatsink and fan that came with the processor, and it definately should not be this hot. Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users