Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to install Windows-10 without Microsoft Live Account?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:31 PM

I plan on doing this when I upgrade one Windows 8,1 computer. Hopefully it will work for the upgrade. Personally, I do not want a Windows Live account tied into my login. I want to keep it local.

Has anybody installed Windows 10 creating a local account. Is it similar to how it is done in 8.1? Create New Account > Sign in Without a Microsoft Account

http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=faq-Windows-10&faq=2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,681 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:41 PM

If you install Windows 10 while being offline, it won't ask you for a Microsoft account, and you'll be able to create a local one. When I installed my last TP, this is what happened.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:50 PM

Thanks for that tip Aura.  :thumbup2:

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,681 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:51 PM

No problem. Downloading 10130 right now, so I'll see if it still works :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,060 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:19 PM

Regarding post #2:

Similar things apply for windows 8 and 8.1, if you install without your computer connected to the internet at all (no ethernet plugged in, no wi-fi networks connected into) (for machines with the OS pre-installed this means when you first turn it on and set it up you stay disconnected)then you can only choose a local account. On window 8 and 8.1 if you install/first start your computer with some form of connection attached then you are supposed to get options for ms accounts and options for a local account (hidden in small textat the bottom though).

On windows 8.1 you might want to be careful of KB3013816 because it's description reads like it forces users to have an ms account, although I might have misinterpreted this description.

Edited by rp88, 07 June 2015 - 12:19 PM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,681 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:57 PM

I don't think that it "forces" the usage of a Microsoft account, but you'll need one if you want to use the functionnality it add.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3013816

unite_blue.png

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:34 AM

In most cases just not connecting to a network will allow you to install to a local account.

At work (with Win8) we ask to "Create a new account" and at the bottom of the next screen is an option for a local account (actually it's to not use a Microsoft account).  That's how I setup my first copy of Win10.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:56 AM

You can also setup a Live Account and then switch to a local account.

Go to Settings...Accounts...Your account and you can switch there.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users