Is this the registry repair that you tried: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/870655
If not, please try it.
There's not many experts at fixing Windows Updates.
I am not one of them.
But the few experts that there are a sorely overworked - so getting a reply will be difficult.
I'll continue to attempt to help here, but please bear with me.
Please do these 2 things (copied from here: http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/4736-windows-update-forum-posting-instructions.html ):
This free tool of neimiro's creation (see above link) is a very good starting point for the diagnosis and repair of all Windows Update and System File Checker corruptions. We therefore need you to run this tool prior to collecting logfiles.
- First download and run a copy of the tool from http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe.
- Work through any on-screen prompts and then await completion (runtime is approximately 15 minutes).
- Once it has finished, if there are any unrepaired corruptions (the tool will notify you if it has succeeded in repairing all corruptions if they're simple in which case we're no longer needed) or unresolved problems with your computer, you need to post us the complete logfile which opens on exit. Simply copy (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) the entire logfile into your new thread (also know as a 'topic'). How to create a new thread is shown later on in this post.
Export CBS folder
- On Windows 8, press the Windows key, type This PC, and press Enter.
On Windows Vista/7, click the Start button then click Computer.
- Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder.
- Find and double click on the Logs folder.
- Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy.
- Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS.
- Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder.
- A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.
As for the first item (SFCFix), just copy and paste into your post as indicated.
For the second item (CBS log), please zip it up and upload it with your next post.
If it's too big to upload (or you get an error), just upload it to a free file hosting services (such as OneDrive or DropBox). Ensure that it's shared and then post a link to it here.
Edited by usasma, 07 June 2015 - 04:59 PM.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.