Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Streaming video and audio buffers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ubose

ubose

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:11 PM

My computer started buffering streaming video and audio that it didn't do before. The internet connection speed is the same as before. I checked the download speed on speedtest.net and it shows 6 Mbps that I am supposed to receive. The computer is Gateway DX4320-02e with 6 GB memory running Windows 7. I connect to my home router through a TP-Link Wireless USB adapter. I checked the adapter is working properly by using it on a different computer - a laptop and placing the laptop at the same location as my Gateway desktop in the house, and saw that the same streaming video that buffers on my desktop runs fine on the laptop. This tells me that wifi signal strength and wireless adapter are not the problem. Video saved on my desktop's hard drive runs fine. I have the same problem with streaming music. Songs saved on my hard drive play normally but streaming from the internet buffers.
Can I conclude the problem is occurring in my desktop computer? What can I do to find the problem and correct it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:44 AM

Did you try using different browser?

Is this problem also happening in other browser too?

#3 ubose

ubose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:34 PM

Did you try using different browser?

Is this problem also happening in other browser too?

It behaved the same way in Firefox, Chrome, and IE. However, since then I discovered a possible cause - the USB ports where the wifi adapter was plugged in. I moved the adapter to a port at the front of the computer and video streams fine. I plug into any port at the back and buffering begins. I would like to keep it plugged it in a back port to save the front ports for day-to-day connections for devices, but that would need a fix for making the back USB ports work nice with the wifi adapter. I don't know what fix that would be.

#4 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 AM

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:54 PM

possible reason could be fault in port or drivers not working properly.

Plug it at back and try re-install drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users