Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does MS Skype Changes Effect Everybody, Whats going On ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:49 AM

I'm getting email telling me things are gonna change for skype users, its the second one I've received for different changes, and I'm sorrymto say I ain't gettin it ?

Whats it all about ?

Anybody else confused

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 June 2015 - 12:59 PM.
moved from Windows 8

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:28 PM

Did you get one or both of these emails?

fCKA0yX.png

KLoLBCq.png

If you did, here is what they mean in plain simple terms.

As for Skype, it currently uses the SKYPE Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Since Microsoft owns Skype they are getting rid of the Skype TOS and Privacy Policy and putting Skype under the Microsoft Services Agreement and the Microsoft Privacy Statement.

The only change to Skype is that is being added to the Microsoft agreement and privacy policy.

(yes, it affects everyone using Skype)

Concerning the 2nd image, as of now all the various Microsoft services are covered by separate Service Agreements and Privacy Policies.

Instead of having separate ageements for each service, Microsoft will be introducing consolidated Service Agreement and a consolidated Privacy Policy.

from the email I received:
Many of our customers use more than one Microsoft service, and have agreed to a number of terms and privacy policies. To make it easier to use multiple services, we've brought together these documents into a single services agreement and a consolidated privacy statement that cover most of our consumer services.

These will take effect on August 1st, 2015. You will not have to do anything since you agree to the terms by continuing to use them.

I hope this helps clear up the confusion for you.

edit to add: here is list of Microsoft services that will be covered by the new services agreement and privacy policy http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement#serviceslist

Edited by Queen-Evie, 06 June 2015 - 01:48 PM.

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:20 AM

I thought I received (2), em's but only have records for this one and one on April 18, 2015.

Well, as long as I won't be in for any surprises, down the road, like I forgot to re-new something, or

I didn't pay for or update something fine, . .  

Wow time slips by with an ease that is un-explainable.  

Where would I be if it weren't for Bleeping Computer, . .

A really great organization

Thank you so much Queen Evie ! 

So Long for now !

Edited by Jove, 07 June 2015 - 05:23 AM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users