Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows mssecs.exe not found

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 THAZIT

THAZIT

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:52 AM

Just did repair install windows xp home.very careful to have firewall on before starting updates. mssecs.exe not found. Won't run security essentials.Google it.many posts -newest 2013 say it's a virus. SE won't uninstall. So much grief to get updates. Trying to get SP3 like trying to hack NSA! Mbytes,rhill, panda find no problems. Just want new repair to work. Chrome constantly pegging cpu at 100. Has 7 process running! If not chrome,explorer.exe. computer slower than before repair. 2 days in, 15 hrs trying to get it to run. Help is putting it mildly!

Edited by computerxpds, 06 June 2015 - 12:02 PM.
Moved to AII from All Other Apps

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:04 PM

Hi THAZIT :)

It seems like no one picked up your thread, do you still need assistance with your issue?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users