Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MalwareMutilator

MalwareMutilator

• Members
  • 931 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:16 AM

Hi everybody,

I just purchased a new computer with Windows 8.1 on it (and 7 but it defaulted to 8.1), so I thought I would finally give 8.1 a try.  I did my usual routine with a new computer:

Installed an antivirus  - Emsisoft Internet Security
Installed Malwarebytes - stand alone only (no real-time)
Removed some bloatware

My question is simple.  I have read here at BC and other sites that Microsoft released a few bad updates that crashed or similarly flawed  some computers.  Has the issue been resolved?  I see about 100 updates waiting for installation, but I do not want to continue until I know they are all safe.  Are there any in particular I should not install? 

Thanks in advance.   :thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:59 AM

Mello -

There is no problem, and I have been running it non-stop (and a forum member) since 2008 when the main first release came out.

The problem I think you mention (from well over a year back), was fixed with an Update that day, and has not been a problem since.

We can assure you that it is very safe. :hello:

Is your Emsisoft Internet Security just the Antivirus version (just a question)

Thank You -

#3 MalwareMutilator

MalwareMutilator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 931 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:10 AM

Hi noknojon,

Thanks for your answer.  I will install the updates ASAP.  As for your question, no, I installed the entire Emsisoft package including the firewall, etc.  My plan is to try it for a few weeks and see how well it works.  I have always used Kaspersky, but after reading about Emsisoft here at BC, I thought I would give it a shot.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.

#4 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:39 AM

Just to add, Emsisoft Internet Security is AV, AM and FW all in one package.

#5 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:04 AM

I used emsisoft internet security for about 6 months.Found it to be excellent except for one thing.
Slowed my computer down a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users