Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

toshiba mk2565gsxn scsi

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 maxonnxc

maxonnxc

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:31 PM

i am working on this sata hdd i computer management i get Virtual disk CRC error.
hard disk sentinel check disk,,,

I think window 7 wont show the hdd because it has no partition yet.

health 100%,
performance 100%

The hard disk status is PERFECT. Problematic or weak sectors were not found and there are no spin up or data transfer errors. No actions needed.
the hdd is unallocated trying to add a partition to im but i keep getting errors.

even tried hooking it up to usb ide/sata adapter, I got the I/O error.

i took a 2 SS and uploaded them.

any help would be great

ty

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:42 AM

I guess that I don't see a problem...what do you consider a problem?

HD Sentinel will show all drives, as it does above.

Windows will only reflect partitioned drives, unless you go to Disk Management.  Disk Management will allow for partitioning and assignment of volume letter...which will enable the created partitions to then be seen in Windows Explorer.

Louis

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 09:27 AM

Did you initialize the disk first? Click on Disk 2. Right Click and select Initialize. Then create a simple volume. Do you get the CRC error after trying to initialize the drive?

I/O errors are usually due to a bad drive or controller.

Edited by JohnC_21, 06 June 2015 - 09:52 AM.

#4 maxonnxc

maxonnxc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:23 AM

Sry i didnt add in main thread what i wanted to do with HDD I am trying to partition the HDD. i keep getting these errors,

Hdd read only, unallocated

"I/O errors are usually due to a bad drive or controller" <<<I think this error was because of the usb adaptor.

Do you get the CRC error after trying to initialize the drive? YES.

I did smart test on Hdd in bios all 3 test passed. from startup bios diagnostics passed to.

It's just weird the hard drive pass all the test but i can not initialize because  these errors.

so what causes the CRC error. there a way to over ride or fix the error

thx

chris

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:41 AM

Is this a laptop drive? If a desktop, try changing the SATA data cable and also change the SATA port.

I would try doing this offline. Download Parted Magic here and burn the iso file. On the desktop of Parted Magic is a icon called Disk Health or GsmartControl. Double click it and do the short test. Post the results. If the short test passes do the long generic test on the drive. Under the attributes tab pay  special attention to any pink or red rows. See what the CRC error count attribute shows.

If both pass then use the partition manager called Gparted to partition and format the drive. Make sure your drive you are trying to format is listed in the dropdown box in the upper right window and not your other drives.

There is also another bootable partition manager based on linux of Partition Wizard that is a little easier to work with.

If you cannot partition the drive using linux then I would say the drive or controller has a problem.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,550 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:37 AM

Bad/loose cable connections...can also result in I/O errors on otherwise perfectly good drives.  I would replace the cable, as suggested by John.

Louis.

#7 maxonnxc

maxonnxc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:24 PM

JohnC_21 yes it is a laptop drive and put it in a desktop try and fix it. I will try this next day or 2 im real busy right now.. thx for the help

hamluis no it is not cable i thought the same thing to, it also had same problem at my friends house it was his HDD he got mad because it would not create partition so he gave it to me.  The I/O error is because i was useing a usb 2.0 adapter. when i just use the sata from desktop i get the CRC error... but thx for the help.

thank all who offered/tried to help me,You guys are Awesome...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users