Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bookmark favicons lost

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 weybrew

weybrew

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:44 PM

While I was loading Firefox 38.0.1 I imported my Chrome bookmarks. No problem except none of the bookmark favicons transfered. I tried the Firefox addon FaviconReloader but can't for the life of me figure out how to use it. Can someone walk me through using this addon or suggest another way to restore my "empty" favicons other than opening each web page?

Windows 7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:09 PM

The option is only available from the menu (title) bar. If you do not show a title bar click the 3 horizontal bars in the upper right and select customize. In the customize window click the Title Bar button in the lower left the press the green exit customize button. Then in the title bar click Bookmarks > Reload Favorite Icons - second from the top.

Edited by JohnC_21, 05 June 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#3 weybrew

weybrew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:18 PM

WOW! Thanks JohnC_21 for your reply and solution. How in the world did you ever find the key to this? I've tried everything I could think of without success. Now that I see it, the addon works wonderfully well. Thanks SO MUCH.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,207 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:23 PM

Your Welcome,

I was having the same problem. Just kept hunting around. I think the developer should put more detailed instructions on the Mozilla Add-On site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users