Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10 desktop

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 drozman

drozman

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:52 AM

Will you be able to save files, folders, office 2007 word docs etc. to windows 10 desktop like you could in XP & 7 ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:31 AM

Hi drozman :)

Yes, you'll be able to do that. I don't know why a such ... basic feature would be removed. :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 drozman

drozman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:37 AM

I was thinking the same thing it is a basic feature but still ya never know. lol

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:53 AM

Don't worry, it'll still be there :) You've always had the chance to save files wherever you wanted (except in folders that takes Admin Rights and if you didn't launch the program as an Admin, it wouldn't work). But saving on your Desktop doesn't take Admin Rights so you never have that issue :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 drozman

drozman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:14 PM

I am also assuming the control panel will still be there to add or remove programs.  Paint would be good to have. and some sort of music player/ video player. Software compatibility I may have some concerns like  burning studio, WinSysclean , Paragon migrate etc.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,545 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:16 PM

Paint will still be there, so will be the Control Panel. Windows Media Player stays as well. These are things that have "always" been in Windows, or Windows always worked that way, so I doubt that these would be removed. They are also all in the Technical Preview right now, so there's no need to worry :) As for software compatibility, if you install the KB3035583 and run the "Check your PC" feature from the "Get Windows 10" app, it'll tell you if you have any incompatible devices (drivers) or programs with Windows 10.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users