Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I don't want my laptop to die :(

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jade276

jade276

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 PM

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:10 AM

Hi, I think I have a virus on my computer infact I'm pretty sure I do, my internet connection has gone from wireless private home network to a public and unidentified network and I can't access the internet at all.

I downloaded RKill and ran it to kill all the nasties before running a full scan with Malawarebytes, this scan discovered a number of infected files including keys and a threat called Genmalicious IFW, once the scan completed I removed all of the threats and the laptop seems to be working better now, its not as slow but the internet is still not working, how do I go about fixing this?

Also how do I check that the virus/threat has been wiped from my laptop completely so I can feel safe using it again!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have so much on this laptop I don't want to lose :(

Thanks, 

Jade

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:13 AM

Hello,

Let's see what is happening. If you cannot post from the sick computer, transfer tools and logs using a flash drive.

MiniToolbox by Farbar

Avast users please disable your antivirus before downloading!
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files
  • List Restore Points
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

===

Security Check by screen317
  • Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.
  • Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.

Regards,
Alex

#3 jade276

jade276
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:22 AM

Thanks for the quick reply but Im currently in work and cannot get access to my infected laptop until I finish! 

I will post this when I return home later today :)

Jade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users