Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video presentations software - any recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheWildTree

TheWildTree

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:23 AM

Hello.

I've got kind of a problem. Me and my friend are doing a school project about computers, their history etc. First, we wanted to do a presentation about this in PowerPoint, but because of compatibility issues (MSO vs. LibreOffice in school) we'd rather like to do a simple video about it, kinda replacing the standard presentation.

My first idea was to do things like this in Sony Vegas, or Camtasia - you know, just copy some text, add some images, simple effects, music, etc. But it's really not optimised for doing things like this - it's slow and even simple text formatting takes high amount of time.

My question is, is there any software that could help me in this situation? Maybe some plugins for programs like Vegas?

Thanks in advance.

PS. I know, the title may be a little misleading, I honestly had no idea how to describe my problem...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 O.T.T.

O.T.T.

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:03 PM

You know that you can save a PowerPoint as a video without extra software ?  :thumbup2:

MS Office 2010 : File - Save & Send - Create a video

MS Office 2013 : File - Export - Create a video

OTT

Please ask Google why some of my links don't work anymore !

#3 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:16 PM

Thank you OTT - I didn't know that PowerPoint could be used to save visual projects as video. This opens up many creative possibilities. :)

Some time years ago I put a presentation together for my garden club. It was just a collection of photos combined with text to create a set of slides. After reading your suggestion here I tried a simple experiment and used PowerPoint to save the original slide collection 'as video'. Amazingly it worked! Ofcourse, in this case, to watch it is the same as watching a slide show but it could be edited together with video footage, music or recorded comments.    

Here is a link to some very good tutorials on PowerPoint:

http://www.gcflearnfree.org/powerpoint2010

#4 O.T.T.

O.T.T.

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:35 PM

violetrose :

I'm glad you found my post usefull and indeed very good tutorials on that site !  B)

OTT

Please ask Google why some of my links don't work anymore !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users