Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen on Laptop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Liz Aalderink

Liz Aalderink

• Banned
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:58 AM

Sometimes my laptop gets a black screen after the Asus logo, I need to reboot a few times or get an external monitor (what I don't have at home) to fix it. Is there a solution for this?

Drivers are up-to-date.

Edited by Liz Aalderink, 05 June 2015 - 03:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:45 PM

Hello, Please provide the laptop make and model number, what operating system is installed and years of ownership?

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 Liz Aalderink

Liz Aalderink
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

Windows 8.1, got it I think 1,5 year now, see profile for specs: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/u/955552/liz-aalderink/

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:08 PM

Asus X750LA Laptop.

Owners manual link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/X750LA/0409_E8637_B.pdf?_ga=1.29366844.2030034873.1432433725

I do not see any reports or issues with the graphics chips failing on this laptop.

Is this most common when the laptop has been in service for a while or does this also happen when the laptop is first started up after being off for several hours?

Is there any signs of over heating? Extreme temperature increase noted on laptop bottom?

If you can, please follow these instructions:
  • Go to Piriform's website, and click the big download.png button.
  • Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.
  • You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
  • After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.
  • Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
    p22004369.gif
  • Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot
  • You will see the following prompt:
    p22004371.gif
  • Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
    p22004372.gif
  • Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the p22004370.gif button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.
Once you have posted your Speccy snapshot, it will be reviewed and a reply will be offered to you as soon as time permits.

Thank You For Choosing Bleeping Computer For computer related Help And Assistance

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 Liz Aalderink

Liz Aalderink
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:34 AM

Hi,

Your Download.png image isn't working but here is the link.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/1ILvAQv36kRn2nqQ3tPfWxL

#6 Liz Aalderink

Liz Aalderink
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:56 AM

Today I had it again by the way; booted into safe-mode till login screen then rebooted and it worked. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users