Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does Steel Series make good quality/priced mice? Am I biased?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:26 PM

I don't like fancy mouses at all. The more buttons and contours there are the harder it is for me to grip/control it (claw/fingertip grip). It seems like the only two brands that make simple, yet accurate mouses, are Razer and Steelseries. Sucks because I'm a fan of Logitech hardware (not software) and they don't really make in that style. 

I personally love everything I've seen about Steelseries and dislike Razer almost with a passion. I think I might just be biased because of the logos though. 

Mouses they make seem very well priced at 55$ for a *seemingly* good quality optic. Construction seems stable to and uses a braided cord. Steel series logo reminds me of Code Lyoko.

SteelseriesCodelyoko.png

Now Razer has put me off since day one. Always had mentally put them in the same category with Turtle Beach as being overpriced, OK quality, and targeted at 13 year olds/people who don't know better by using marketing. Reason being~

CroasairRazertrampstamp.png

It's really hard to think of them as high quality and well priced when they have such a gimmicky looking logo. I mean the entire thing looks like it was created by a marketing team to be "cool", "hip", "radical", and "baddass" with today's youth. To make the 13 year olds think they're the highest quality stuff ever made. 

However in past years with releases of interesting new tech (specifically love the idea of green switches) and only ever hearing praise hailed towards them. I think I've been very biased and should really give them consideration for my next mouse choice (that I need bad). At the same time I think I may be giving Steelseries to much praise with no real backing evidence. i do hear stuff about Steelseries, but not a whole lot and far in between. Might just be they don't spend much in the way of marketing (unlike Razer's well paid marketing team), but they very well could be bleep and it's just cause I've never noticed before now. 

Would love a outside view on it. Reviews seem like they might be biased for Razer cause of marketing (*cough* Alien Ware *cough*) so I'm here for some real world response.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 QQQQ

QQQQ

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:51 AM

Cant comment on Steelseries as I dont have 1 but I have had a Razer Deathadder for a few years now and love it, it fits my hand (large) quite well. I can say it has seen a lot of clicks playing various games over the few years I have been using it, zero problems. Recently bought the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate  mechanical keyboard and I am really liking it, if you hear the click then it activated. With my old cheapy membrane type keyboard I had to constantly look to see if the letter I typed came out properly, not anymore. I used to be a Microsoft and Logitech fan but I was wearing them out in just over a year, I hate it when you hear the click but nothing happens and you have to click again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users