Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Fried?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CyberKandiJill

CyberKandiJill

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:37 PM

~If posted in the wrong forums please move~

Ok so we have this Dell intel 4 pc computer.
We tried doing a restore on it and now it was working fine, but when we restarted the computer it says that all the windows XP files are not set up. When we try to set them up it says that it cannot copy/read files, just about all of them.
It goes right to this screen too. It's a blue screen that gives us the options of setup with previous file deletion or setup with no file deletion.
Then when the files are not read right it says we can skip it but then it just screws up more.

We cannot find a restore disk, just the restore disk with XP installation, nothing else.

What can we do? We're not that computer savvy. : (

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:55 PM

Well you have a problem with out the Dell restore disk. This is one item that will soon be needed and if the next procedure I give you does not work you are going to have to call Dell for a recovery disk.

How Do I Create a CD Containing My Operating System with the Dell™ OS Recovery Utility?
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...&dn=1091713

When you get the above procedure done or you get the recovery disk from Dell, (Not the other one you say you have) you can do the next procedure

Dell - Procedures for Reinstalling or Upgrading to Windows XP
http://www.djdenham.com/Install%20Procedures.htm

The Dell software is written just for your Dell and nothing else. To do anything like this you should have the Dell Software.

I would suggest that you should backup your data and if you can not use safe mode then you should take this hard drive out and install it into another computer as a slave drive and manually backup your data using a file manager to do this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users