Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.DealPly got computer in repair loop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MansterLeeb

MansterLeeb

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:32 PM

Hello,
I am on a HP Pavilion p7-1517c Running Windows 8.1 - I am looking at this computer for a friend... and while I am pretty good this one got me stuck for 10 hours. I give hopefully one of you guys can help me. When Windows boots up it keeps going to the automatic repair... then diagnose then to blue screen... I have tried a lot of different things and I am still STUCK! ugghhh I have a windows 8.1 disk also. Also I have another computer that sees the hard drive of the infected/ messed up windows 8.1 Any ideas anyone? I believe the virus is Trojan.Dealply

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MansterLeeb

MansterLeeb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:50 PM

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) (x64) Version:03-06-2015
Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-HUA19JA on 04-06-2015 20:47:00
Running from E:\
Platform: WIN_81 (X64) OS Language: English (United States)
Boot Mode: Recovery
ATTENTION: Could not load system hive.
Attention: System hive is missing.

Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool: http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/335081-frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

==================== Registry (Whitelisted) ==================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the registry item will be restored to default or removed. The file will not be moved.)

ATTENTION: Software hive is missing.

==================== Services (Whitelisted) =================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, it will be removed from the registry. The file will not be moved unless listed separately.)

==================== Drivers (Whitelisted) ====================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, it will be removed from the registry. The file will not be moved unless listed separately.)

==================== NetSvcs (Whitelisted) ===================

==================== One Month Created files and folders ========

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the file/folder will be moved.)

==================== One Month Modified files and folders ========

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, the file/folder will be moved.)

==================== Known DLLs (Whitelisted) ================

#3 MansterLeeb

MansterLeeb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:57 PM

A anyone can see I cannot run FRST tool its not working either... any ideas what the next step would be?

#4 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:00 AM

hi

Iam only on this site once or twice per day, I may not reply back unitl the following day.

You tried F8 to enter safe mode I guess. I doubt its malware related unless the machine is heavily loaded up with stuff. Why?  because malware needs a functioning machine to be successful.

You said you could access the hd. You could just pull off what you want to be saved then reformat/reinstall Windows. I dont have a single answer to try. Ive never encountered the problem myself.

You could visit the HP support forum/guides. they usually have solutions to many different problems.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-p7-1500-Desktop-PC-series/5330777/model/5331433?cc=us&lang=en

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users