Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd Behaviors after using CCleaner

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 declan565

declan565

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:50 AM

Hey 

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this (Sorry if its not) 

(Background)

Anyway I decided to run a clean for the first time in a while. It analysed and I hit fix or run or whatever. The fist thing was to remove Temporary Internet explorer files.

Upon starting it just sat at 0% and after a while the program started not responding. So I restarted my Computer and assumed all was good. But then after the restart I started noticing weird behavior, for example Internet explorer not opening, Chrome (My default) having lost all my passwords/ Windows 8.1 start screen tiles missing all their icons and many other weird things. I tried a restore to a few days earlier and this hasn't fixed the issue. I tried booting in safe mode and things like the star screen tiles appear. 

(Current Issue)

I've tried removing Malware (Malwarebytes & Trend Micro security) and It seems to have helped. I'd say half fixed the problem. But my current issue is with Google chrome not remembering passwords so every time I restart my computer it wants me to sign back into Google And also Adobe Lightroom not recognizing my GPU? Also other strange behavior such as dropbox not opening and Adobe products not searching for new updates.

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,770 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:08 AM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Who knows what when wrong, what was removed etc...

I suggest you restore your PC to an earlier point in time before you ran the Cleaner.

How to.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
===

When done check if you are missing some Windows Updates.

Make sure you restart the computer when done.

===

Download the version of this tool for your operating system.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
===

How is the computer running now?

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,770 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:02 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users