Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Professional 64bit Sometime graphical lag issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tenrage

Tenrage

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:22 PM

Having recently updated the Bios on my motherboard trying to fix an unrelated issue I am now plagued with some other kind of issue that only shows up when starting my computer.

Basically, when the issue is happening I get graphical stuttering in games (Very visible in Clicker Heroes) and the GPU test Furmark, every 4-5 seconds it will stutter and jump.

This problem only presents itself when I've turned on the computer from a cold boot and I can tell it's going to happen when the taskbar appears a more solid colour as shown in the first screenshot.ibE6h.png

When the taskbar is looking like this, all the lagging graphical issues happen. When I restart the computer hopefully the taskbar loads in like this:

ibEd7.jpg

This is when there's no issues with the graphics lag at all.

I would really love some idea on what would be causing this issue and any tips on how to solve it.

Thanks.

PC specs:

CPU:   AMD FX-6300

MoBo: Asrock 980de3/u3s3

GPU:  Gigabyte Radeon R7 260x 2gb

RAM:  2x G.Skill Sniper F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR 8GB

PSU:  Silverstone Strider 500W ST50F-ES

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 justinkemp99

justinkemp99

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:06 AM

Hey Tenrage,

Lags is a very common issue for PC gamers. As per my insights, it could happen after the auto hold mode. First, check power manager settings , it is accessible via control panel. If it doesn’t work for you then, please try the following troubleshooting steps to fix this and report if the lag persists:

1. Check for windows updates and install all required updates

2. Delete partitions on your drive, if any and clean your system using CCleaner

3. Install Motherboard drivers and network drivers

4. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager > Network Adapters and disable all network devices

5. Open  your  systems properties  option and adjust visual effects of your system.

6. Try some malware or virus protection like Avira, Immunet, Avast and scan your complete system.

7. Open your game setting option and reduce your game resolution and texture.

#3 Tenrage

Tenrage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:38 AM

Thanks for the reply.

After some more investigation it seems the issue somehow involves Aero not starting/running correctly on boot, although the Windows Aero troubleshooter shows no information on fixing it.

#4 justinkemp99

justinkemp99

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:50 AM

Hi,

firstly Open your windows Search Box

Type service in search box.  Open your System service Box

Search Desktop Window Manager Session Manager in this service list

Right-click on this windows service

Select Start from the context menu.

Again Right click on the entry.  And select Properties  option from the menu.

Go to the “General tab.” Change the Start up Type to "Enabled." Press OK.

Hope this will solve your problem.

#5 Tenrage

Tenrage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:43 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, I ended up resolving the issue with a beta BIOS update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users