Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Amazon instant video wont work in chrome.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lukexj

lukexj

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:23 PM

I try to play a video on amazon and all that is there is a never ending loading screen. im on Fedora 22

Edited by lukexj, 03 June 2015 - 06:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow-warrior

shadow-warrior

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

Do you have Flash and all the propriety and non free codecs installed  (or using Chrome browser re flash) as Fedora only uses free software ...i Think you have to use the Fusion repos?? to get non free ...I would check the Fedora forums as i am certain many people will have the same sort of problems.

#3 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:57 AM

While I don't know about Fedora itself, Google Chrome has at least one other build for download that's not a .deb installer. 

I just checked, there's a Fedora/openSUSE build. 32 & 64 bit .rpm packages. One always has the latest Flash & whatever plugins needed for Chrome if the Google version is installed. As an added benefit, if there's an Opera browser on the system, it also benefits from Google Chrome being installed, it uses the same Flash package. 

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users