My internet has stopped working ever since installing the latest big batch of Windows updates like two weeks ago.
* Router: Turned it off and on again, unplugged it, and a few days in, we were sent a new router as our old ISP sold us off to a new ISP. Still nothing.
* Restore Points: Went to a restore point before the updates; still didn't work. Eventually turned off firewall and Windows defender. That worked, but then computer auto installed the updates and it quit working again. Now, I've used all the restore points (so there are now none before the updates) and turning off firewall/defender doesn't work.
* Uninstalling Updates: When I ran out of restore points, I tried uninstalling them, and then also turning off firewall/etc after. Didn't work.
* Ping Tests: Computer is sending and receiving packets. But applications that use the internet - Chrome, IE, AIM, Dropbox, etc say there is no internet connection.
* Windows Troubleshooter: Doesn't find any problems.
* Virus Scan: Nothing found.
Other misc things that may or may not be relevant:
* Windows update can still search for and download/install updates.
* AIM, when doing auto-configure, occasionally thinks it has a successful connection setting. But then it isn't actually able to log in.
* I can't do a refresh, as it tells me I'll need to re-install things that, as far as I'm aware, came with the computer. If I ever had an installation CD, I don't now.
I've just been searching for more updates and installing them in the hopes one of them will fix the problem, whatever the problem is.
Any suggestions/ideas? I'm out of them, lol.
Thank you so much for all your help!