Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reason Core Security

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BaruchK

BaruchK

Authorized Reason Core Security Rep

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:03 PM

Hi, guys. I'm Baruch, the community outreach manager for Reason Core Security. We are working to make the best antimalware product on the market. With the permission of the Bleeping Computer management, I wanted to put our product up here, for your testing and feedback. 

The free version of Reason removes malware, adware, trojans and PUPs. The really cool thing about it is that it detects bundled malware/junkware and unbundles it, while letting you install the program you're after. You guys know, a lot of the free software download sites make money by packaging the program you're after with various malicious/unwanted junk, toolbars, etc.-well, Reason automatically removes them for you, without blocking the main program. It also scans your computer and lets you know which programs you can safely remove. To do this, we incorporated Unchecky and ShouldIRemoveIt, which have been protecting users from malware for several years, into Reason.

We work very hard to make Reason the best at protecting users. I would be very grateful if you guys could try it out and let us know how we are doing and what we can do better!

Download the free version here, and let me know your thoughts. Please don't be shy-honest feedback is like gold to us.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:07 PM

Just FYI... my review is here.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,588 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:10 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and explain your product in more detail.

Both Unchecky and ShouldIRemoveIt have been the subject of discussions in various topics here at this forum.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:12 PM

What's going to happen with herdProtect if I may ask? And is it coming out of beta soon?

And after reading quietman's post, I think the most recent thread about these products was this one:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577386/is-there-any-benefit-from-running-unchecky-and-shouldiremoveit-simultaneously/

Edited by Aura., 03 June 2015 - 01:13 PM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:29 PM

Hi,

Thanks for providing some insight into your software. Can you try to get yourselves added to VirusTotal?

#6 BaruchK

BaruchK

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

Thanks for your feedback, guys!

In order: 

Alexstrasza-thanks for the review. We are working to iron out the bugs you identified tout suite.

Quietman-I saw some of those discussions; very cool.

Aura-HerdProtect is coming out of beta in the future, no firm date as of yet. The knowledge base has been migrated to Reason Core Security.

Thisisu-thanks for the suggestion, email sent to Virus Total, will see what they say.

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

Thank you :) Oh and will we see a support forum appear with Reason Core Security? Where we will be able to post FP and submit samples?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#8 BaruchK

BaruchK

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:52 PM

Glad you asked! We're working on it :)

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,588 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:54 PM

A support forum is always a good in helping to promote a product.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:55 PM

Excellent news. I'll be sure to register and start submitting samples as soon as I can. Will be easier too once you guys get added to VirusTotal :)

unite_blue.png

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:12 PM

I was browsing Reason Core Security website and I found the "Sample submit" webpage, however it seems that it's not ready yet.

https://www.reasoncoresecurity.com/submitsample.aspx

Any ETA on its release? :)

unite_blue.png

#12 BaruchK

BaruchK

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for asking, Aura. We should have this rolled out in several weeks!

#13 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:15 AM

Good news, thank you for the update :)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users