Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Double-clicking folders always open in new windows.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 eyeeye

eyeeye

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 PM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:34 PM

Greeting

First of all let me apologize because my english is very bad but I will try my best.

I'm using Window7 64 bit on my laptop lenovo y510p

"The problem is when I double click on folder it alway open on new window instead of just open the folder"

I try to fix this problem by

1)http://www.davidmoore.info/blog/2009/08/19/solution-explorer-open-each-folder-in-same-window-error-and-sql-management-studio-ie-and-team-explorer-errors/

after use batch file and restart nothing happen and the problem still occur

2)use sfc /scannow

after scan complete it say found the problem but can not fix

3)uninstall internet explorer 11 

after uninstall the problem have solved but "Is there a way for me to install IE 11 and can get rid of this problem?" 

Any help will be appreciable, thank.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:09 PM

Backup your registry

Then, in Regedit, navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore

If the value under default setting isn't (value not set) or "none", please change it to that.

Reboot and see if it works.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 eyeeye

eyeeye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:54 AM

Backup your registry

Then, in Regedit, navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore

If the value under default setting isn't (value not set) or "none", please change it to that.

Reboot and see if it works.

the value under default is "value not set" so I change it to "none" and restart but the problem still occur

I am not sure this will relate to my problem or not but when I open IE it say "iexplore.exe - Application Error (0xc0000022)"

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:42 AM

The error 0xc0000022 is most likely an access denied error.

Double click on a folder (so that it opens another window - and so that it gives the iexplore error), then do this:

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 eyeeye

eyeeye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:36 AM

- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

Like this ? Attached File  Admin.zip   447.3KB   1 downloads

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:18 PM

The log file shows problems with your Avira loading.  Try several free scans from here to see if you're infected:  http://www.carrona.org/malware.html

The page is fairly old, so some of the scans may no longer be availble.  But the point here is to get an independent scan (that's not installed on your system) to tell you if you're infected or not.

I also see Avast errors.  If you have more than one antivirus installed, please uninstall all of them.  Then install a fresh copy of the one that you want to use (ONLY install one).  The same goes for firewalls and Internet Security applications (including the Pro version of MalwareBytes).

Beyond that I don't see any further obvious issues.

If this doesn't fix things, I'd either try a repair install of Windows ( http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html )

or I'd backup your stuff, wipe the system and start over fresh.

Good luck!

#7 carlosayon

carlosayon

• Banned Spammer
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:00 PM

Have you tried the simple way? Open your Folder Options.

15788d1246137020-open-each-folder-same-o

#8 eyeeye

eyeeye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:43 AM

The log file shows problems with your Avira loading.  Try several free scans from here to see if you're infected:  http://www.carrona.org/malware.html

The page is fairly old, so some of the scans may no longer be availble.  But the point here is to get an independent scan (that's not installed on your system) to tell you if you're infected or not.

I also see Avast errors.  If you have more than one antivirus installed, please uninstall all of them.  Then install a fresh copy of the one that you want to use (ONLY install one).  The same goes for firewalls and Internet Security applications (including the Pro version of MalwareBytes).

Beyond that I don't see any further obvious issues.

If this doesn't fix things, I'd either try a repair install of Windows ( http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html )

or I'd backup your stuff, wipe the system and start over fresh.

Good luck!

I uninstall all of my anti virus and anti malware then reinstall and scan with avira pro that i have brought last year but it show no sign of infection.

I think this problem may have something connect with internet explorer 11 because when I uninstall my internet explorer 11 the problem gone then when I reinstall internet explorer back the problem occur again.

so I need to repair install of Windows ?

1. - If I do repair install, Are all my files in drive C will be deleted ?

2. - I use "easeUS partition master free edition" to divide my partition. If I do repair install , Are my file in divided partition will be OK ?

Have you tried the simple way? Open your Folder Options.

Thank you for your suggestion but when I go to check my folder options it's already tick on open each folder on the same window.

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:07 AM

A repair install will leave your data files alone, but will replace the operating system files.

A repair install will only affect the drive that Windows is installed on - not on other drives/partitions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users