Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access denied on CBS file?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 freddofrog

freddofrog

• Banned
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:30 AM

I spotted what I thought was adware and deleted it. It was called add.... something that was the first one in a list of the same type, I wasnt sure about deleteing the rest of them after deleteing the first one so to be sure I Googled it and found it was a certificate? I ran sfc/scannow to see if it would fix it but I cant open the CBS file in notepad to see if it worked? (access denied) Im the only one who has ever used this computer so I dont know how Im not the administrator? I found a fix to get admin rights back on Youtube but its too complicated for me to follow,is there by chance an easy way to do this? (get admin rights)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:37 AM

Hi there,

I would recommend copying the CBS file to somewhere else like the Desktop to view it. If you need help with repairing system file corruptions found with sfc /scannow, just post your CBS log and an expert will be able to help you.

Alex

#3 freddofrog

freddofrog
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:39 AM

Hi there,

I would recommend copying the CBS file to somewhere else like the Desktop to view it. If you need help with repairing system file corruptions found with sfc /scannow, just post your CBS log and an expert will be able to help you.

Alex

Geez that was quick!,Thanks mate Ill do that and get back on how I went.

#4 freddofrog

freddofrog
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:46 AM

That worked,heres the CBS log file.

Attached Files

• Attached File  CBS.log   3.71MB   5 downloads

#5 freddofrog

freddofrog
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:41 AM

I scrolled down to the end of the CBS.log file,it says that its all fixed! Is that right because the command prompt said that it couldnt fix some files?

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:05 AM

There is an update which is causing the corruption of the utc.app.json file.  This file was found in your sfc /scannow log.

Open the Control Panel, then click on Programs and Features.

In the upper left portion of the window you will see View installed updates.  

Click on this and look for the KB3022345 update.  

If you find this update click on the link below and follow the instruction in the article that opens.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 freddofrog

freddofrog
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:07 AM

I found the KB3022345 update but how do I download the SFC FIX to my desktop? I cant find any way to do that?

Edited by freddofrog, 04 June 2015 - 11:08 AM.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

You need to follow the instructions provided when you use the link I provided.

You will need to download the two items suggested there.  You will need to click on the zipped file and drag it over the other file you downloaded and release the zipped file.  This will run the repair.  If it is successful you will receive a message telling you it was successful.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 freddofrog

freddofrog
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:38 AM

You need to follow the instructions provided when you use the link I provided.

You will need to download the two items suggested there.  You will need to click on the zipped file and drag it over the other file you downloaded and release the zipped file.  This will run the repair.  If it is successful you will receive a message telling you it was successful.

I couldnt follow the instructions to the letter because I dont know how to download the file to my desktop? I extracted the file in downloads and dragged the zip file onto the text file then ran sfc/scannow again,I still had corrupt files.I sent the text and zip file from downloads to desktop and dragged and dropped it as well, it still has the same message about corrupt files and when I checked updates the KB3022345 file was still there? I copied and pasted both files to the desktop then dragged and dropped the zip file onto the text file but nothing happened? Im using win 7 64bit it might be differnt because theres is no option to download to desktop?

Edited by freddofrog, 04 June 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:57 AM

What browser are you using?

#11 freddofrog

freddofrog
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:00 PM

What browser are you using?

Firefox.

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:18 PM

Click on the menu button in the upper right corner ( the three horizontal bars), then click on Options, then under Downloads click on the browse button and choose Desktop, then click on Select Folder.

#13 freddofrog

freddofrog
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:04 PM

Click on the menu button in the upper right corner ( the three horizontal bars), then click on Options, then under Downloads click on the browse button and choose Desktop, then click on Select Folder.

OK, I did that but I didnt get two files on the desktop as the instructions said? It was just the SFCFix.zip that appeared on my desktop,I extracted the zip file to two files; winsxs and SFCFix.txt.There was no SFCFix.exe? So I dragged and dropped winsxs onto SFCFix.txt instead then ran scfc/scannow but nothing happened again? I cant see that Im doing anything wrong,according to the instructions?  Its 2.15am here so Id better get some sleep and try to figure this out tomorrow. LOL Thanks for taking the time to help me so far DC3 I appreciate it.

Edited by freddofrog, 04 June 2015 - 01:19 PM.

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:28 PM

In step 1. click on the link for the SFCFix.exe, this should download to your desktop.

In steps 2 - 4 click on the SFCFix.zip (the 64-bit version in your case), this too should be found on your desktop.

Click on the SFCFix.zip and drag it over the SFCFix.exe and release it.

The the script will run after this.  You should receive a message telling you that it was successful.

#15 freddofrog

freddofrog
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:02 PM

That did it! All I had to do was follow the directions properly LOL. I must be getting alzhiemers or something? Once again,Thankyou very much dc3,your a very patient man.

Edited by freddofrog, 04 June 2015 - 08:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users