Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why im getting ignored?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Picky1004

Picky1004

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:59 AM

Hi. On my recent post, no one replied today. I dont know why. It feels like im in hell. Please help me. Why im getting ignored? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578146/windows-81-stuck-at-booting-screenforever/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:06 AM

I think it means that no one has an answer to your question. Bleeping Computer are a community of volunteers, so there is no one that knows everything unfortunately.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:08 AM

You are not being ignored. 

I think it means that no one has an answer to your question.

Computerxpds explained the reasons why your post has not been answered.

Hello, here at BleepingComputer we have many topics being posted every day and only a certain number of users who like to reply and help, because of this it may take some time to get a reply to your topic, please be patient, when someone can answer your topic they will, we are all volunteers here and have lives and family that come first. Also some may not know how to answer your question so it can take time for the right person to come by and be able to answer your question, bumping your topic will only cause a potential helper to think you are being helped by seeing you have replies in your topic also.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578156/why-my-post-does-not-get-replied/

Edited by NickAu, 03 June 2015 - 06:10 AM.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:58 AM

First, bumping a your topic 25 minutes after you posted it is not going to get you help any faster.

This is not REAL TIME support. There is no one sitting around, monitoring the forum, looking for NEW topics.

When someone who is knowledgable about your issue(s) see the post there will be a reply.

At this point I will say that sometimes a topic will fall through the cracks and no replies will be made.

At the time you posted this topic, you wanted to know why no one has replied TODAY.

Again, this goes back to we are not real time support. The first person to respond is following your topic. That person (and others) are following the topic. When they log in to Bleeping Computer they will be notified on any posts that have been made after their last one. It could be the middle of night for them when it is daytime for you or they could be at work or school or dealing with REAL LIFE. They will continue to help you WHEN THEY HAVE TIME TO BE HERE. You have to be patient as you wait for them to continue with the help process.

After you posted this topic, there has been a reply in the one you linked to above.

edit to add: since you have the other topic (linked to by NickAu) and it is basically about the same thing as this one, with the same answers, this topic is closed.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 03 June 2015 - 12:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users