Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Razer Megalodon Headphones Not Working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NotWill

NotWill

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:39 PM

So I reinstalled windows in my PC and my Megalodon headphones didn't work. I found some fix that made it look like it was working, but it was actually just the LED lights that were working, nothing else. I've installed the driver updater, but it refuses to recognize the headphones, even when I do the update process right.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NotWill

NotWill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:08 PM

bump.

#3 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,554 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:33 PM

Take a read from Razer: http://www.razersupport.com/gaming-audio/razer-megalodon/

Have you updated your firmware (not driver):

Do I have to download any drivers for the the Razer Megalodon? No, that is part of the beauty of the Razer Megalodon. There is no need to install any drivers on your computer. However, please be sure to update your Razer Megalodon with the latest firmware. Firmware link here: http://drivers.razersupport.com//index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=105&pcid=37&nav=0,78,37

Where can I find instructions on how to install the 2.12 megalodon firmware update?

Here are the instructions to update the Razer Megalodon to the latest firmware:

1. Download the firmware update from www.razersupport.com.

2.Uninstall the current Megalodon driver. ◦Make sure the Megalodon headset is plugged in ◦Right-click on My Computer and choose properties ◦Click the System tab ◦Click the device manager button ◦Click the + beside Sound, Video and Game Controllers ◦Right-click the Razer Megalodon and choose uninstall

3.Unplug the Megalodon headset

4.Double-click the 2.12 firmware update you downloaded in step 1 and follow the instructions.

5.Plug in the Megalodon headset and allow the driver to install.

After following these guidelines from Razor, if you are still having problems post back! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users