Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Brandnew Computer extremely slow and updates don't work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 insidesjds

insidesjds

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:55 PM

Hello, I'm looking for help solving numersious issues with my HP Pavilion 21 (touch). Purchsed 2 months ago, this machine runs extremely slow, memory usage is always around 60% or greater, windows updates and other updates are a chore. There's more than 80% of free space on the 1T hard-drive. I've loaded every rootkit remover, anti-virus, system optimizer, etc listed here with minmal results. I've even done a complete restore/refresh with no success. There are a million pre-installed games that are always running in the background, when trying to unistalling them the computer crashes. Today I had some help from a Microsoft tech which he just left me with a list of possible corrupted system files that I'm unable to repair. Anyway, it's not like me to whine for help on a forum, but I'm at that point of getting rid of this computer. Any suggestions greatly apprciated as this is my workstation.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:41 PM

Welcome to BC !

Curious as to why you would have nearly 200 GB of stuff on a 2 month old computer....did you download a lot of movies, music, etc or did you move a lot of files from an external drive 

to the new one?

Using programs that claim to speed up or clean the registry are at least unnecessary and at most dangerous. I would not ever recommend any of those programs.

Suggest since system files are known to be corrupted or missing then I would suggest backing up any important data and then do a clean install using the recovery software installed on your computer. If you need help doing that then ask. If you have done a clean install and nothing improved then I suggest you find out what is needed to

get the computer repaired while under warranty.

Edited by buddy215, 02 June 2015 - 08:44 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 The Punisher

The Punisher

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:06 AM

Hi,

I know this is not the recommended solution but since your computer is fairly new and you are considering its removal, have you tried factory restore/reset.

You say there are corrupted files and also a lot of pre installed games/apps running in the background which you cannot remove. This will explain why your device is so slow.

For your device the method should be, to keep pressing F11 at startup then select troubleshoot>>recovery manager and then system recovery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users