Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do not open a email saying you have a voice mail!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:04 PM

No one ever gets a voice mail sent to them in an email, beware don't be foolish!!!!!!

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:07 PM

Well, at work we do when you have a certain program installed. But common users that don't use such software don't, obviously.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:00 AM

I have home phone service with my internet provider.

With that phone service I set an option to have an email sent to me when I get a new voice mail.
I have that option set to send it as a readable mail AND to include the audio file of the voice mail.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,779 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:26 AM

But the average person who has no such setups they should be aware not to open this type of mail.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:29 AM

Yes the average user, but it doesn't means that "No one ever gets a voice mail sent to them in an email" too. The wording could have been different like "Be careful when you receive emails which says that you have a voice mail/message. If you don't have any plan with your provider offering a such service, or a software that does this, then it's most likely malicious so delete it right away and block the sender".

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:57 PM

Oh! I have voice mail!!! someone loves me!!!! What's this? It wants me to download Best Downloader...THIS DOESN'T"T LOOK FISHY AT ALL!!!!

they call me te java mayster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users