Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New BluRay drive not playing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Diplomatti

Diplomatti

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:04 PM

Hi, I have just installed a new Blu Ray Drive but my computer does not recognise it as such and won't play any discs i put in it. It recongnises the disc inserted but it will not do the right thing with it. Trying the film "Elysium" and "Skyline", Dropbox opens and asks me if i want to transfer pictures to my computer. I need help.

BD drive is a Pioneer BDC-207DBK. DXDiag attached.

7XmXJB3.png

Attached Files

Edited by Diplomatti, 02 June 2015 - 04:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

Drive: E:
Model: PIONEER BD-ROM BDC-207D ATA Device
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (English), , 0 bytes

Drive: H:
Model: GRADMJI YZCLQBWX SCSI CdRom Device
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (English), , 0 bytes

Did your drive come with a disc to install software and drivers? If so, did you run the installation disc?

If auto run is disabled, you'll have to access the disc through my computer and look for the executable to manually start the installation process.

Also check this link for solutions: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/blu-ray-wont-play-movies/a5bf1f3f-33c4-4502-ae2e-42cbd8f9d341

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:45 AM

Blue Ray drives for computers are not the same as DVD drives that will play movies without licensing.

Sony (the creators of blue ray standard) have deemed it necessary to purchase a software license key (about 50.00) that will play blue ray movies.  If you purchase a stand alone blue ray player this license is attached to the cost of the purchased hardware.  With blue ray drives you can have different software play the blue ray movies, but you need to pay the fee to buy a license to be able to play the movie on a computer.

You need a program like PowerDvd or WinDvd or Total Media

Maybe this article will explain it better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users