Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Today, Locker ransomware dev decrypted everyones files for free

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:14 AM

On May 30th, the Locker ransomware developer apologized for his "mistake" and released a list of the all private encryption keys for it's victims. With this release he also apologized for encrypting everyones files and promised to automatically decrypt all infected users on June 2nd.

locker-apology.png

True to their word, On June 2nd the issued a command to have the Locker ransomware automatically decrypt a victim's files for free. Unfortunately, in order for the decryption to take place, the victim would still have needed to be running the infection.

locker-decrypted.jpg

When the files are decrypted, the infection will display a message that states:

I'm sorry about the encryption, your files are unlocked for free. Be good to the world and don't forget to smile :)

For those, who have already removed the infection, Nathan Scott has released a Locker decrypter that can decrypt your files even if you do not know your bitcoin address.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TriggerJinxed

TriggerJinxed

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:45 PM

I'm sorry about the encryption, your files are unlocked for free. Be good to the world and don't forget to smile :)

Anyone else have a flashback to Bill and Ted, "Be excellent to each other," or was that just me?

Edited by TriggerJinxed, 03 June 2015 - 03:46 PM.

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. ~Stephen Hawking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users