Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vicious cycle installing Chrome

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Yourpapa

Yourpapa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:04 AM

I'm stuck trying to install Google Chrome, here's what happened...

I was getting rid of junk I had installed on the laptop, amongst the things I uninstalled was the Google Chromecast extension.

After uninstalling it Google Chrome would not open, I try to open it but nothing happens.

I tried uninstalling in order to reinstall it and have it work again.

Now when I reinstall it I am not able to finish because I get an error message that says: Google chrome installation failed due to an unspecified error. If google chrome is running, please close it and try again"

The thing is google chrome is not running, in fact it is supposedly not even installed. 

I am able to find a Google folder though in Program files (x86), and I am not able to delete it or it's contents which include a Google Chrome folder because when I try I get a message that says "The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program" .... and I don't have anything else open.

Any ideas, thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users