Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing shifted to the right hand side of the page, cutting off the edge

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Qifor

Qifor

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:12 AM

I have a HP Photosmart 6510 which has been working fine for years but has suddenly developed a problem. When printing the entire page is shifted to the right causing the right hand edge to be cut off. This happens when printing from all sources, Word/Excel/Chrome etc and it also happens from both computers connected to it. Its also not consistent as even when I print the exact same file the end result is slightly different each time with the text in a slightly different place.

I have reinstalled the latest drivers several times as well as following what advice I could find online about checking margins and page setup but nothing has helped.

If anyone could offer some advice I would really appreciate it, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:04 AM

Have you checked out the printer properties to see if you have booklet printing or a margin shift set?

#3 Qifor

Qifor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:32 AM

Yes I have checked through the printer properties and its all setup as it should be. The fact that it has happened on both computers connected to the printer, one that is rarely used to print at all, makes me think its not going to be a setting like that. But I have also been through the settings on the printer panel itself and there isnt any option for something like that anyway.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,004 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:31 AM

See if doing a factory reset helps. See this video.

#5 Qifor

Qifor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:06 AM

I had never seen anything about a secret menu before. I have just gone through it now, I initially tried a partial reset but that didn't work, then I tried a semi-full reset (which is the max you can do) and it still hasn't fixed it. 

*Update*

Hmm ok I have printed a few more things off and ive noticed that its now consistent. They dont line up with the identical sheets printed before the problem, but they do now line up with each other rather than being all over the place before. Its certainly a huge improvement as at least its now useable.

Edited by Qifor, 02 June 2015 - 08:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users