Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Systemsecuritysite

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ab56452001

ab56452001

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:54 PM

hi, i am having problems removing systemsecuritysite from my computer !, i have downloaded smitfraudfix and tried to use it in safemode, but, it keeps comming up with (fichier process.exe absent/ process.exe file missing), please help!!!, thanks..............

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:21 PM

Hi ab56452001
i see you already have a hjt log posted about this problem as well.... the only thing is, i think you have named the infection incorrectly!
From what i can see.... you really meant....syssecuritysite
The hjt team are very busy, but someone will answer your thread.
You could be right about the 'smitfraud' though.... but why did you download it and from where?
The reason you may be getting this 'process.exe file missing' might be due to the fact that process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user. Did you delete anything?
Until the hjt team answer your thread, the only thing i could suggest is that you download the 'smitfraudfix' again.... make sure that it's unzipped and make sure that nothing deletes the 'process.exe'

BBPP6nz.png

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:41 AM

The Process.exe file missing error message is a known issue that results if you did not extract the file properly.

ab56452001 since you have already posted a hijackthis log you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files and other items on your own, etc.) unless advised by a HJT Team member. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted and can complicate the malware removal process. Please be patient until a team expert responds to your post in that forum.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users