Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome DSKDatabaseLoad Defaults failed with Cod 2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wilmsab

wilmsab

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:01 PM

I can't seem to figure this one out. I keep getting a pop up box that says (when I am in Chrome): SDKDatabaseLoad Defaults failed with Code 2.

Could someone help? This is a newer computer. Running windows 8.1; Acer Aspire V17 Nitro - Black Edition. 

I'm also running (or trying to run MalwareBytes (paid version). 

Thanks for helping.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:08 AM

As a quick reply -

From what I have found, it is due to a bad download of MBAM. Create a new account at Malwarebytes Forum and post this under Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help area

There are fixes for it, as it is due to a series of False Positives in one download.

P.S. Do not run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware until the problem is fixed .. (you are not infected, it is just a bad program update)

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 02 June 2015 - 06:14 AM.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:37 AM

Hello -

I have been advised that you should first follow The Methods HERE and uninstall / reinstall your version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (clean reinstall/upgrade).

If this is the Paid PRO version, always be sure to write down your ID and Key codes for the reinstall.

If the problem continues, please visit Malwarebytes Forum and post to Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help and request help from AdvancedSetup as he is the main online Site Root Admin.
You will need to create an account like you have done here .

Thank You -

#4 Maurice Naggar

Maurice Naggar

Eradicator de malware

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,088 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:16 AM

Hello wilmsab,

The error you have does not mean you are infected.   It is not a bad update either.  If the issue is still on-going, please create a help ticket on the Maylwarebytes consumer support portal  and a staff member will assist you.

#5 wilmsab

wilmsab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:16 PM

I appreciate all of the responses. I'll work on this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users