Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to import Firefox Boookmarks.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pmarc

pmarc

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:22 PM

Have Youtube folder called Tunes, on an older xp machine. Like to get all tunes to a new win 8 machine without adding one at a time.

TRIED:

Fireforx bookmarks import. But HTML are the only bookmarks FF allows importing with their import function. And the HTML format is READ-only. 

Backed up an xpi bookmarks file folder to an external drive. Windows can't open xpi files.

Tried adding Xmarks to Firefox to open the xpi files. My new Toshiba machine will not allow adding on Xmarks, from any download sites.

Anyone know how to put the xpi files into Firefox to open them directly? Where / how do you put the xpi files inot FF?

And other ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,282 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:49 PM

Are you wanting to download an XPI add-on firefox and then manually install it in Firefox? In the menu bar of Firefox select File > Open and then browse to the XPI file you downloaded. Is this the add-on you are trying to download?

#3 pmarc

pmarc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:57 PM

Ha. You made me search for "File / Open in FF which led me to find my Tunes already in FF! Guess thru all the iterations, somehow. Thanx.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,282 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:10 PM

Glad you sorted it out. Thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users