Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple BSOD's

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Freezer Boy

Freezer Boy

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:08 PM

Over the past week I have been getting multiple BSOD's on my computer while I'm using it.  Sometimes I'm actually able to boot into Windows for some period of time but for at least right now almost immediately after I get past the Windows log in screen it bluescreens on me.  I am however able to boot into safe mode and that seems to work okay.

I was not able to run Sysnative in regular windows but I was able to run it in safe mode, I have the zip file with the results attached to this post.  I could not however run the perfmon system health report, it wouldn't run in safe mode.

This is a desktop that I built about 2.5 years ago, here's a link to a speccy report on the system if you need the specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/nfJ8mlH0tubu1aZ3KplS1r5

I'm pretty confident it's not the memory because I just replaced that yesterday thinking it might fix this but I'm still getting the same BSOD's.  Right now my best guess is it's a driver issue because it seems to work okay in safe mode, I'm just not totally sure how to go about figuring out the potential problem driver.  I did already enable driver verifier and I will post the dump file if I get a VERIFIER_ENABLED BSOD, so far I have not.

If you need anymore info from me please just let me know.  Thank you in advance for any help you can potentially offer me.

Attached Files

Edited by Freezer Boy, 01 June 2015 - 03:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

Looks like you are overclocked. Have you tried reverting to stock clocks and voltages?

Stock Core Speed: 3700 MHz

Core Speed: 4027.6 MHz

Check your fan and cooler as well, your processor is most likely overheating. As far as I know the maximum safe temperature might be as low as 62, might be as high as 70, 69 degrees would indicate your cooler is not sufficient for the amount of heat your cpu is producing.

If your cooler and fan are in proper working order, you'll have to drop some voltage (and possibly clock) to get into a more reasonable temperature range.

AMD Phenom II X4 980: 69 °C

Edited by zcomputerwiz, 01 June 2015 - 03:56 PM.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

#3 Freezer Boy

Freezer Boy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:03 PM

I didn't even think of that but it looks like you're right.  Those temps aren't under any load either so it definitely should not be that high.  I did just get rid of the overclock and it's still around those same temps, I'm gonna try getting any dust off around the cpu fan and if that still doesn't work I'll get a new fan and hopefully that fixes this.

Edited by Freezer Boy, 01 June 2015 - 04:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users