Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Confusion About Win Backup Programs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 george321

george321

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:58 PM

All I want is a software backup program that will backup the files I specify on a routine basis. After the initial backup when the next backup cycle comes I want it to look at the files on the on the pc disk and compare them to the same files on the backup disk and copy them to the backup disk if they are different. Also any files that have been deleted on the pc disk would be deleted on the backup disk.

At present I am using a Western Digital My Book and the WD Smartware that came with it. I thought their program did just that but I discovered that any file I ever copied to the backup was still there. Makes the backup disk fill up really fast if a person is getting a lot of video's and then discarding after watching. I'm not the smartest crow in the nest so don't hesitate to correct me if I'm overlooking something. Thanks much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bailifei

Bailifei

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:37 AM

Why don't you try file sync software?

You can keep the files exactly the same in different places.

U can take a look at everysync, goodsync, and smartsync.

#3 george321

george321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:44 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users