Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 failure login loop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Retvan

Retvan

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:48 AM

I started up my Windows 7 computer this morning, and tried to log in as normal. The system hung for a while at the welcome screen (with the loading circle next to welcome) and then briefly flashed error wrong password before going back to the welcome screen again. It did this about 12 times before it returned to the normal login screen and I could enter my password to log in. Is this a virus or just an odd glitch? Windows event viewer says there are 12 failed logon events over the course of a minute and 12 seconds (all identical, logon type 2) with two simultaneous logon events happening twice within one second (so time 1 logonx2, time 2 logonx2).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Retvan

Retvan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:38 PM

Still occuring, only after I shut down the computer (not on lock or resume from sleep). What happens is that it jumps straight to the welcome loading screen- not even showing the enter password screen as an option, as if I'd just hit enter to log in before the option appeared. Once I can actually enter my password it works normally, but it seems odd that it tries to log in without it.

#3 Retvan

Retvan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:46 PM

And now it's no longer happening. Once our router failed, I could log in normally on shutdown or reboot, and likewise once the router was replaced. I suspect someone was trying to attack my IP address, and that having it changed stopped that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users