Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Knowledge Tree Community Edition

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Smithi1

Smithi1

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:48 AM

I have had some major computer issues on a couple of Dell PC's running win 7 64 bit, they have both been reinstalled with a new operating system and I am working through installing all of the programs that were on there. I have been able to reinstall all programs bar one, this is awesome considering my limited computer knowledge and ability.

I have Knowledge Tree Community Edition v 3.7.0.1.rc and have installed an XP virtual drive, to run this document management system.

This is a brilliant program that works without a hitch, I have reinstalled another time about twelve months ago but can't remember exactly what to do. Knowledge Tree no longer support or have any resources available to get me out of trouble, as such I am looking for someone that may have been tied up with the project or community (open source) a competent user to guide me with this installation.

There must be somebody out there that has used this program.

Regards, Smithi1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Smithi1

Smithi1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:09 AM

What nobody aware of this program?

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:32 PM

I have never used Knowledge Tree but given that you version if well out of date you may want to consider a different application. There are other freeware and open source alternatives out there (as well as commercial versions).

http://alternativeto.net/software/knowledgetree/
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 Smithi1

Smithi1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:04 PM

Thanks Bleepin' Cynic,

I need to restore this program to transfer files over to a new system, hencforth my request to install Knowledge Tree.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Regards, Smithi1

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:51 AM

Did you try this:

Install and use Windows XP Mode in Windows 7

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 Smithi1

Smithi1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:56 PM

Yes all tried and no happiness so we have to do a conversion of every file saved. Ain't this going to be fun.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users