Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Word As Email Program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Darren De Wilde

Darren De Wilde

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 06 July 2006 - 02:26 PM

Hello all,

does anyone know how to save custom stationery in word 2000 for use with create new mail in outlook 2000?

At the moment I am using word 2000 as my email editor for html.

I created a custom background and header but everytime I click new message in outlook, I get only the default stationery in word and have to waste time swtiching and re-adjusting to my custom design.
I tried looking in the folders for MS Office under program files but cannot locate any folder or file that is relative to the stationery sets used by word. I thought I could add the name of a doc file to such a folder if it existed and then choose it from the list of available stationery in word.

Also, when I email my clients directly from word by clicking on "File>send to > mail recipient" i get the last email recipient subject and attachment fields" instead of ready fields,,,that is to, subject and attachment fields that are empty for new recipient info.

One of these days I worry I may inadvertently send the wrong email to the wrong person.

To summarize:
I would like to create custom stationery that will open in word when sending new mail using word 2000.
I would like, if i have to send a document straight from word, to not have to clear the fields of the previous recipient.

Many thanks for your replies and input,
Darren

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:02 AM

Create it and save it, in .htm format, in the directory shown below.

Posted Image

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users