Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this Graphics card compatible with my PC?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Knowlesy

Knowlesy

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:16 AM

Hi all,

I've ordered a cheap office PC to run instead of my laptop, and it is expected to arrive tomorrow, I have a spare graphics card from my friend that I will go and pick up to install when the PC arrives, but i'm afraid it won't fit (and I'd rather be as prepared as possible as I've got a tight schedule tomorrow) so I'm looking on the help of Bleeping Computer!

The PC Is a Lenovo M81 Small form,

It has an I3-2120 (If that helps with the exact model) 

It's a small form tower, but the Graphics card is a full size Radeon 7570 VTX3D 1GB DDR3

Does anybody have any idea on if this will fit? The trip is 40miles all round so obviously if somebody can say for definite it won't fit, It saves me the trip! I can easily wait and have a look at the pc when it arrives, but then it could be 3/4 days before I can go and get the free card!

Thanks for you help in advance,

Lee

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:51 PM

The small form factor systems I've looked at...all have onboard graphics.  The hard drive and RAM are the only removeable components I noted.

Louis

#3 Knowlesy

Knowlesy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:06 PM

The small form factor systems I've looked at...all have onboard graphics.  The hard drive and RAM are the only removeable components I noted.

Louis

I certainly hope it's upgradeable, 

I was looking on lenovo forums earlier, old posts with people talking about their graphics cards in the M81, I think this one will need a low profile card, so I will have to just swap the brackets, I'll just wait until tomorrow and see the PC.

Thanks!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:30 PM

Well...just bear in mind that a large number of purchasers of OEM systems...have no clue as to what physical components are inside, IMO.  They don't read the manuals...and they worry about removing the cover (because it's an unknown and the manufacturer advised that such might void the warranty)...so they may think that there is a discrete card when there really is an onboard chip for graphics.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users