Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Pages Won't Load Using wireless Connection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Coach Steve

Coach Steve

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:43 AM

Greetings Gurus and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I am at my wits end with this problem and quite frankly, I'm not sure this issue can be remedied and I'm pretty close to throwing in the towel on this one to save a few fray hairs and to reduce my current stress level.

SYSTEM:

Gateway NV59 Laptop

Intel Core I5 2.27 GHZ CPU

4GB RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit w/ SP1

All updates installed and current.

No programs installed.

No Security/antivirus programs on board.

All drivers are current with no hardware issues present in Device Manager.

NIC card replaced with brand new one.

ISSUE:

Web pages will not load nor can I see other computers/devices on my network when connected wirelessly. I can ping any address with no issues. System shows I have internet access. I have tried with 3 different browsers to no avail. I can't even load my router's internal web page.  I have searched and read hundreds of posts by people who have/had similar problems but nothing has solved this problem or even shown an improvement.

When I connect via ethernet cable, I have absolutely no issues whatsoever. When I unplug, I still am able to connect wirelessly to my network, I just can't do anything..

I have 3 other computers on my home network. I also have various other devices connected via my router including a Roku, several cell phones, etc. all of which work flawlessly.

I have Re-installed Windows twice. I have flushed the DNS, reset everything possible, I even replaced the wireless card in my laptop thinking it was defective.

So there you have it. I'm stumped and beyond frustrated as you might imagine. Looking forward to any suggestions, directions, etc. you have that will help me solve this issue.

Thanks,

Coach

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:04 AM

I have seen where the wireless drivers from manufacturers are not the best especially if it is a Dell intel wireless driver. In Device Manager right click the Wireless adapter and select Properties. Under the details tab select Hardware IDs. Post the first line.

I would also try changing your DNS servers to OPENDNS. Make a note of the current servers before changing. If it does not resolve the problem, change them back.

#3 Coach Steve

Coach Steve
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 PM

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:54 PM

I have seen where the wireless drivers from manufacturers are not the best especially if it is a Dell intel wireless driver. In Device Manager right click the Wireless adapter and select Properties. Under the details tab select Hardware IDs. Post the first line.

I would also try changing your DNS servers to OPENDNS. Make a note of the current servers before changing. If it does not resolve the problem, change them back.

Thanks for the reply, John. Tried a few different public DNS settings to no avail. At this point, I have to believe there is something defective internally. Having formatted 3 times and still have the exact problem tells me this is a hardware error, most probably motherboard related. Oh well, I'll just have to keep this one tethered to the router via cable.

Thanks again,

Coach

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:56 PM

Sorry for the late reply. I missed this thread.

Right click your wireless adapter in Device Manager. Select Properties and then under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line. 

If we cannot get the wireless to work by finding a different driver you can always look at getting a USB adapter like this.

Edited by JohnC_21, 06 June 2015 - 12:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users