Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to auto-launch Thunderbird when clicking on email reply in Linux Mint

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:31 AM

Usually- in Windows,when i reply to a for sale item in Craigslist-Thunderbird will launch when i click on the email-reply.In Linux Mint Mate I have to copy and paste the reply address into Thunderbird.Is there a way to make Thunderbird do this automatically as it does in Windows?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:14 AM

I'm not a Thunderbird user, but assuming I've understood you correctly, the below steps should help you accomplish this.

1. In Mozilla Firefox open the preferences area.
rK8At9O.png

2. Under "Applications", make sure that "mailto:" is set to use Thunderbird, if not, change it to.
woCT3hL.png

3. Click on the email address.
HW9DHiW.png

4. Mozilla Thunderbird should automatically open with the email address pre-inputted.
aGREjFD.png

#3 paul88ks

paul88ks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:34 AM

Haha- you're a genius- it opens now in Thunderbird as a minimized tab on the taskbar- but not as an open window- I can live with that - unless you know a solution to that as well? Paul

#4 paul88ks

paul88ks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:54 AM

Shutter_zpsds7pbiyi.png Not sure if you were waiting for me to figure this out- but here is the solution- uncheck the first box under TABS -Thunderbird opens in a new window! I did notice that if Thunderbird is already open- the reply will open in a tab on the taskbar - working on that as well!

Edited by paul88ks, 01 June 2015 - 02:57 AM.

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,813 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:40 AM

Thanks for the tips, this thread sure gave me some valuable information.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:10 PM

Not sure if you were waiting for me to figure this out- but here is the solution

Glad you figured it out :). No I wasn't waiting, my response to your thread was one of the last things I did before going to bed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users