Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloading Ringtones

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 secretangel

secretangel

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:41 PM

I have previously, successfully, downloaded ringtones to my nokia phone from the O2 website.

I have just tried to download another but nothing happens when I click on the "click here to buy" button. The only thing I notice is that "java script://" is displayed at the bottom left of my screen (status bar?) when I move my cursor over the words "click here to buy".

I have contacted O2 but they seem unable to help.

Since downloading ringtones successfully I have installed Zone Alarm Security Suite and wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Can anyone please advise.

Thanks
Posted Image

When you wanna give up, and your hearts about to break
Remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:31 PM

a couple of ideas for you, try this linkand you can test your JRE, java, to see if there is a problem with it.
if thdere is, go to control panel>add/remove programs, remove all the java software. after that you can download the latest version from the same link i gave you.

if that dosen't help, if you use firefox, try Internet explorer, firefox, has had a history (older versions) of not working with java well. if you use internet explorer, we can reset it to default>>>

from internet explorer--
tools>internet options>advanced>click on "reset to defaults", then select apply onbottom>
select "programs" tab >click on "reset web settings" the hit apply>
select "privacy" tab>click on default, then apply>
select "security" tab>highlight the "internet" icon>then select "default">highlight "local internet" icon>then select default>highlght "trusted sites" icon then click default>select "restricted sites" icon>click default, then apply
select "general" tab>click on "delete cookies", yes to delete all cookies>then select "delete files">select delete all offline content and select ok.>click on "settings">then "view objects", this will show you active x controls installed in your computer, check under status, right click and delete any that say "damaged" or "unknown".
then close that page, click on "ok". up top where it says "address", you can change your home page to whatever you want, i use www.google.ca for most people.
Your Internet explorer is now reset to default values.

post back with any more questions.
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users